Friday, July 31, 2009


After mulling it over for a while now, I have decided to end this blog. My last post will appropriately be the race report for the coming Greater Cleveland Triathlon. I am registered to race the sprint distance and scheduled to perform during the post race festivities. As I am going through this current transition in focus, I feel as the metaphor of beginning the day as a triathlete and finishing as a musician serves as the perfect conclusion to this blog.

When I began writing this blog, I saw it as a means to journal my training. Over the past three years of writing I have found it to be a portal into a strong community of support and camaraderie while training for long course triathlon. I have gained a number of good friends as a result of writing and reading other blogs. I feel I have contributed to a greater knowledge base with race reports giving insights to the races I have done. In some cases information on these races was scarce. For many looking for Ironman UK info, my report became a resource that I did not have prior to my race. I am glad that this blog has been used for this. For the reason above all others, I will keep trifolk published. I will however not be adding any new posts beyond the GCT report.

I am grateful to everyone that has followed this blog over the past three years. The intense focus required to train for ironman has often found me very alone. The constant contact I have been able to maintain through these writings, along with your feed back has given all of my efforts greater meaning.

My triathlon and running plans will remain active, but not central. My music is where I am directing most of my energy now. I have set up my music site within blogger and will continue writing regularly on that page www.charliemosbrook.com . If you enjoy my writing, I promise to post regularly. In addition my music site serves as a portal to my web presence from twitter, facebook, and myspace to itunes and other music sources. Feel free to friend me on facebook. I am obnoxiously active on that site and talk about endurance sports often. Ultimately once my music career is where I can rely primarily on it for income, I will have more time to devote to a hobby. When I arrive at this point I may try Ironman again.

As for now my rededication to music has manifested immediate results. A lot of very cool things are happening for me as a musician right now and I am enjoying an excitement about music that has been missing for a few years. Please feel free to take a moment or become a follower of the charliemosbrook.com site. I will continue to follow the blogs I have been reading as many of you have become friends and I want to know how it's going.

Anyhow, to steal a line from Spokane Al,
Thank you for reading,
Charlie

1 comment:

Spokane Al said...

Thank you for your great words and posts over the past three years. I have enjoyed reading your stuff and following your travels in triathlon and music.

Take care Charlie!