Saturday, September 23, 2006

IM registered..................
It is done. I am registered to start the Ironman UK on August 19, 2007.
I was surfing the other night before bed and noticed that the IMUK site had been updated and showed the '07 date with new graphics while I was searching for info. They had yet to make any announcements about next years race, and I was nervous to find out when the application started. I did not want to get shut out again.
I sat up most of the night and got poor sleep. I was very anxious to get word about the race entry.
At 4:30am I got up checked again....Nothing new. I went to work.
When I got home at 4pm the site had announced registration began on Monday.
Will this race sell out so quickly as they had in Lake Placid and Wisconsin?. I check my email.
"Ironman UK pre registration" is the headline. I was being given the ability to sign up early because of a form I filled out a week ago.
So at midnight I signed up.
I am headed to Sherbourn Castle next August to race the Ironman(140 miles triathlon)
Let the journey officially begin

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Yay!!!!!

It's great to have a date to shoot for.

Jodi

E-Speed said...

Oh wow I love your profile description Charlie! So excited to read about you training and travels across the ocean for your first Ironman!