Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Fall apon me...........
I love this time of year, I began running 15 years ago as summer took its final bows.
My first race was the ROTC 5k at John Carrol University. Late September running is when I got hooked.
I love the cool warm that is only early fall. The changing of leaves. Tree by tree they join in on what will soon be a symphony of color.
I set out this evening with 30 minutes planned. As I got warmed up my feet just kept taking wrong turns toward Shaker Lakes and down trails purposly leading me further from home without any plan. I just wanted to run. No training to do. No milage to log. I just wanted to run. I just wanted to enjoy the last days of summer.
30 minutes turned to 75 minutes.
Today was the first run of the year that held no intention.
Today I ran just to run.

1 comment:

Trifrog said...

Shaker Lakes and its surrounding light trail system will be my oft-visited playground on foot and on cyclocross fall-winter-spring...