Friday, November 07, 2008

Fear No More!

I haven't written much lately. I haven't been training and I am nursing an ankle sprain. I think my lack of posting though has much more to do with the changes we are experiencing. It all seems so much bigger then anything I have to say about it.

The past eight years have brought us three major events. 911, Katrina, and President elect Barack Obama.
The first event was fear. Fear has compromised our constitution and sense of humanity. It has taken us to war. It had promised no end.

Katrina was the slap in the face many of us needed. The responce was unacceptable. We had left our most vulnerable citizens behind. The recklessness of our leaders became obvious.

What has happened this week is hope.

Barack Obama's election has transcended race. Tuesday was not just special for black America, Tuesday was special for all of America. Tuesday we looked beyond fear and into a future of hope and unlimited possibility. We were able to rely on the strength of our constitution. Freedom would not be manipulated by fear. We stood in the face of every limitation and fear we had been taught and defied 20th century beliefs.

I am very happy that Barack Obama has won because I believe in his platform. I am happy that the "Glass ceiling" has been broken. I am happy that all Americans can believe in the same opportunities. I am happy that the perception of America will change within our country and globally.

Mostly I am happy because WE have changed. We have rejected fear and embraced hope.
This is the America I believe in.

1 comment:

triguyjt said...

it means hope and i agree with you...the rest of the world will look at us differently and i think how obama responds to many things will go a long way toward changiing the perseption....